Virginia in the fall is the perfect time for an adventure in the Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains. Whether it’s by car, driving the Blue Ridge Parkway, or by foot, hiking the Shenandoah National Park, don’t miss this fall in the Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains. You can watch the colors of the leaves change. It feels like a slow-motion movie — each day, the red, yellow, and orange colors slip further down the mountain. Of course, you’re not limited to leaf-peeping. Our valley comes to life in the fall, with plenty of festivals and seasonal activities creating the perfect backdrop for your next adventure. There’s a bounty of fall adventures in the Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains.
Sometimes, if I’m being honest, there’s too much fun to choose from. We’ve got a Harry Potter-inspired weekend (Queen City Mischief & Magic in Staunton) and Octoberfest at Blue Mountain Brewery. See the latest Fall Foliage Report here or plan an adventure in Shenandoah National Park to experience the foliage yourself. Spend the day in Charlottesville for an event or take a tour tasting seasonal craft beers and wines. If that’s not tempting enough, here are 20 more fall adventures in the Blue Ridge Mountains you won’t want to miss.
20 Fall Adventures in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Sunflower Field Open at Wood Ridge Farm Brewery
- Rockfish River Rodeo at Blue Toad Hard Cidery
- Edible Landscaping’s Fall Fruit Festival
- Jeepers Unite 2023 Benefit for Virginia Wheelin’ Sportsmen at Wood Ridge Farm Brewery
- Smoke on the Piney BBQ Competition at Piney River Volunteer Fire Department
- Fall Lumberjack Classic 2023 at Devils Backbone Brewing Company
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show at Lovingston-Rockfish Ruritan Club
- Spooky Fall Fest at Blue Mountain Barrel House
- 2nd Annual Mad Jazz Festival @Starry Nights
- Blue Ridge Mountain Maze at Blue Toad Hard Cider
- Caskgiving at The Virginia Distillery Company
- Apple Butter Festival at Bryant’s Cider
- State Fair of Virginia
- Crozet Fall Arts and Crafts Festival
- Virginia Film Festival
- The Declaration of Independence Exhibit at Monticello
- Hammer-In! Blacksmiths Festival at Frontier Culture Museum
- Holistic Healers Expo Healing Body, Mind and Spirit at Rockfish Valley Community Center
- Check out the best places to see fall colors in Virginia
- Full Moon Party at the Indigo House
Beat the Crowds
Fall is our busiest time of year at the Indigo House! If the weekends are full, try booking a stay Wednesday-Friday when the crowds die down a bit and you can explore the trails in tranquility. You’ll love your fall adventure in the Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains!
The fun doesn’t stop here. We’ve got apple picking, live music, BBQ, fish fry parties, late-night happy hours, karaoke, bonfires, and more. Check out the local events in Nelson County for activities specific to your upcoming trip.