We recently hosted the Bookish Retreat and holy cow was it fun! The host and I planned for months to develop a weekend that inspired guests to make new friends, open the cover of a new book, and enjoy unique experiences. Not to brag or anything, but based on the feedback we received, we nailed it.
This is good because we are already planning the next one for November. Here are the five things we absolutely MUST do again. Tell me in the comments below, what sounds the most fun to you?
- A welcome party. We kicked off the weekend with gourmet pizzas, s’mores, and lots of wine. Those first introductions and laughs kicked the weekend off right.
- Plenty of downtime. We structured our time to allow flexibility for afternoon hikes, morning reading, and a spontaneous trip to the brewery.
- Fun evening activities. Things close down pretty early around here. We were determined to make the evenings fun with the firepit and gourmet s’mores bar, a movie night with ALL the movie-theater style snacks, late-night brownies, and dinner in Crozet.
- Dinner at the Indigo with a private chef. Aaron, our vegan turned farm-to-table private chef totally wowed us with local chicken and produce that was prepared with international spices. We fought over the last of the potatoes and I wanted to take a bath in every sauce he prepared. I don’t know if it was the champagne, candles, or the fact that we got to wear socks and stretchy pants to dinner, but at some time during the meal, we all hoped the night wouldn’t end.
- An author event. The highlight of the retreat was going to an author event, hosted by Bluebird & Co, to hear from acclaimed writers and enjoy dinner with them. It was such a treat!
A huge thank you to everyone who came and support the event!